Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Horses and more horses

Estes Horse 1Estes Horse 2

My wife and I spent yesterday in Estes Park CO at the Rocky Mountain Team Penning sorting event.   She is a member and tries to ride as much as possible.  It was a long, but fun day.  Her class wasn’t until the end of the day, so I had plenty of time to practice sketching the horses.   I’m finding out that they are not the easiest things to draw.  They don’t stand still very long (especially these guys!).  About the only time they are not flying around is when they are watching other sorters, so I got the “rear end” of most of my subjects.

Time is Estes Park is always fun.  Great scenery and its nice to get out of the 90 degree plus weather in Denver and enjoy the 80 degree temperatures in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment